Many months ago I pre-ordered a copy of Star Wars the Old Republic, which henceforth will be known as SWTOR. It's an MMO with controls very similar to that of World of Warcraft. And it now owns my gaming hours. I'm happy about this.
Many MMOs have come out since WoW, but few have managed to make me believe that I'd still be playing them after the "free" 30 days was up. SWTOR not only makes me want to like it, it makes me like it. It makes me want to play it.
What is so great about the game? It's the story, stupid. I kid, chances are you aren't stupid. But the story part is accurate. The games makes you the focus of the story no matter what class you're playing. The cut scenes are engaging, especially when you're teamed with another player, each rolling to see whose dialogue will be displayed and spoken.
I haven't maxed out a character yet. Been enjoying the story. I also switched servers, at least temporarily, in order to avoid a really long queue that would take about one and half hours to wait through. If you're a MMO player you should give the game a chance. It's been worth it for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment